Pros And Cons Of Male Leg Waxing and How To Prepare?
Silky smooth legs are no longer only belong to women. Nowadays more and more men want smooth legs, saying good bye to shaving and get your legs waxed instead. The more you wax, the longer your legs will remain hair free.
There are a few ways to prepare your skin for leg male waxing, let’s go through preparation tips one by one:
- Exfoliation regularly
Regularly exfoliate will remove dead skin cells around hair folicles and help to loosen unwanted in-grown hair. Exfoliate twice a week to keep the skin clean and ready for waxing any time.
- Moisturize your skin daily
Apply moisturizer every day to ensure your skin stays hydrated, supple and healthy. Dehydrated skin leads to clogged pores; brittle hairs which are prone to snapping during waxing. Keep your leg skin and hair follicles supple, which will easily be pulled out with your wax for maximum results.
- Right length of the hair for waxing
Hair need to be 1/4 inches long to be waxed, do not shaving for 2 weeks before waxing appointment. If the hairs are too long, they could possible break when waxing them off. But if the hairs are too short, the hairs won’t be adhere to the wax and be waxed off completely.
Also keep in mind if you normally shaved your legs, after your first waxing treatment your legs can still feel prickly to the touch. You need 4-6 waxing treatment to make sure hair growth circle are synchronized.
- On the day for waxing
Just some easy step as 123
- Warm shower and exfoliate skin
- Take pain killer if fear the pain
- Be relaxed, enjoy the outcome
- Post care:
After waxing, skin may continue to be sensitive for 24-48 hours. Remember to moisturise 2 days after your waxing appointment, exfoliate frequently 2 days after your wax, as exfoliation is essential to preventing ingrown hairs, and to keep the freshly waxed region clean. Folliculitis, a condition that can also be experienced with shaving, can be prevented by keeping the waxed region clean. Additionally, we counsel customers to stay away from saunas, chlorinated swimming pools, and direct sunlight exposure when tanning (steam rooms, and intensive exercise workout regimen).
Do not neglect your leg waxing routine. For best results, wax every 3 – 6 weeks, depending on your hair growth speed and personal preference! If you choose waxing as your hair removal, you need to stay committed in order to gain the benefits of waxing.
But some will say; Hey, before I commit to waxing I need to know the pros and cons for male leg waxing. The more we know the better decision we will make.
Sure, now Let’s talk abt the Pros and Cons of male leg waxing:
- Pros of waxing:
- Long lasting results: which can last up to 4-6 weeks. Because waxing removes the hair from the hair roots.
- Hairs feel finer and thinner after regularly waxing treatments
- Skin feels good after waxing due to its exfoliating benefit: waxing allows you to remove both the hair and the top layer of skin’s dead cells. The skin has a vibrant sheen as a result. Additionally, the use of lotions and calming gels during and after waxing makes the skin even smoother.
- Less irriation on skin compare to shaving
- Less ingrown hair occurs
- Cons of waxing:
- pain factor is the first disadvantage for waxing treatment. Even after you eventually get used to it, the discomfort of tearing the hair out of the skin is still present, especially in sensitive spots.
- some people may experience minimal allergy after waxing
- some peoply may experience infection if they are not follow after-care rules. Because waxing leaves the pores open, thus leaving chances open to infection. So, excessive waxing can harm the hair bulbs and pores.
- If waxing is performed incorrectly, you can be left with the skin feeling irritated. Redness, bumps, itchiness can be occur.
Waxing or not?
The query is that. After weighing the advantages and disadvantages of waxing, we can say that while there are certain drawbacks, they can be minimised with the right pre- and post-care. As a result, you’ll have smooth, hair-free skin and be free from needing frequent hair removal treatments for a considerable amount of time. Additionally important are the products to use after getting waxed and selecting a professional. Waxing is the way to get rid of body hair for a very long period if you have good tolerance levels.
We explain the experience in details for you so you can make the most informed decision possible. Happy waxing!