When it comes to hair removal, the term ‘Male Brazilian wax’ evokes equal parts awe and fear.
You’re looking into waxing hair removal for the first time, and worried for getting bumps after waxing here’s everything you need to know about the Brazilian wax and Brazilian wax aftercare.
- Before your appointment
You will need to do a little job before you step in for your Brazilian waxing.
So, here some things you can do before your appointment:
- Shower and exfoliate: Skin cleanliness is very important for preventing any infection, and freshness is also appreciated anytime when you are going to get naked. Exfoliate the skin will help wax easy to be attached on skin
- Keep the area dry: Do not apply body lotion before treatment, slippery scrotum skin won’t do any favour for waxing.
- The hair: Your hair needs at least to be 1/4 inch long for the wax firmly grab and can be pull it out completely from hair roots.
- Comfortable cloth: Wear loose-fitting clothing that won’t cause any irritation, inching and burning.
- Grab a pain killer: If ask “does waxing hurt?”, the answer for that is “Yes”. To make the process of hair removal more comfortable, grab a mild pain killer one hour before your appointment.
- Knowing what you want: Bikini? G-string? or Brazilian? Many people unknown the differences between Bikini, G-string and Brazilian. The bikini wax removes all the hair on upper legs to make sure hair is not visible. G-string wax is including the hair which bikini wax covers and further in and cover top parts. Brazilian removes all the hair from your private parts.
- During your appointment
Here is something you can experience during your waxing appointment.
- Skin prep: The technician will clean and prep your skin, remove all excess moisture, and sweat, also make sure skin is clean.
- Be Ready: Be mentally prepared for what is going to happen. If this is your first time, feel free to tell the technician about your nervous and ask any question jump in your mind. It’s normal to feel shy when having to bear their privates to a stranger for waxing for the first time
- The hair length: The technician will measure the length of your hair to make sure it is in wax-worthy length. For those hair longer than 1/4 inches the technician will trim those shorter. keep this in mind, to wax those over-long hair will make treatment experience more painful. For those hair which are too short, those hair which have a greater chance won’t be completely off from your skin.
- Speak up: If you have any allergies or you have any request, please let the technician know at beginning of the treatment. During the treatment, any uncomfortable occurs please be sure to let the technician know.
- After your waxing
There is something you can help after your appointment to ensure your skin stay smooth and free from irritations.
- stay out of water 24-48 hours: you will need to give your skin a bit time to heal after waxing for avoiding infection from water, such as swimming pools and beaches. Showers are fine after procedure.
- keep your hands away: It may be tempting to check out your newly smooth skin. However, you’ll need to wait at least 24 hours before touching the area. This is because your fingers are most likely to introduce bacteria to the newly waxed region.
- Rest from some activities: it’s best to avoid heat, sweat, and friction after your wax. Therefore, at least first 24 hours, you’ll want to avoid saunas, tanning beds, and even the heavy workout in the gym.
- Exfoliate: Do not exfoliate the skin right after waxing, it can make skin is more irritated. But it will be a good time to exfoliate skin 2 days after waxing for helping to avoid ingrown hairs.
- Keep the area moisture: after waxing the area can be a bit itchy and dry, keep the moisture can minimize itchiness.
- Some tips
It’s normal to have some bumps after waxing, and they can last for a day after your wax, by using a soothing gel such as aloe vera gel or cold compress can help you get rid of the bumps faster.
- Avoid contaminating the area with your fingers and avoid activities that cause friction.
- Exfoliating area two days after your wax which helps to get rid of ingrown hairs
- If you have any allergy history, please inform salon beforehand for avoiding certain products.
If after waxing bumps persist or become itchy, you may be experiencing an allergic reaction. An over-the-counter allergy medication like Claritin may help.